Welcome to TYE @ TiE Dallas
What is TYE?
TiE Young Entrepreneurs (TYE) is TiE Global’s International Youth Program, aimed towards the future generation of entrepreneurs. TYE focuses on teaching entrepreneurship to young people and helping them discover the rewards and challenges of becoming an entrepreneur.
- Offer a business education program, geared toward inspiring young students to be entrepreneurs through mentor-based workshops, taught by established industry leaders, who foster innovation, leadership skills, creativity and self-confidence.
- Offer a business plan competition with cash prizes at the regional level, which is the culmination of the student education program.
- Students who win their local business plan competition have an opportunity to win a GRAND PRIZE of $10,000 in the Global Competition.
- Empower our youth to become entrepreneurs
- Develop business acumen and communication skills
- Discover the challenges and rewards of entrepreneurship
- Nurture to be a well rounded personality
- Instill confidence to lead in a global environment
TYE Program Details:
Approximately 30 students will be selected to participate in a collaborative, team oriented environment. We are in the sixth year of the program in 2018 which will be conducted between March 4th to May 6th 2018. The first program was conducted in the Fall of 2012, with a regional competition in Nov 2012. The 2013-14 program was conducted between January 2014 and April 2014, with a regional competitions at the end of the program. Dallas also participated in the Global competition in Vancouver in June 2014. Dallas students participated in the Global competitions in later years as well – in Portland, OR (2016) and in Irvine, CA (2017)
- A curriculum consisting of about 4-5 classes and an equal number workshops.
- Classroom instruction includes speeches by successful entrepreneurs, followed by lectures and interactive discussion, exercises on business related topics.
- Workshops designed to help students become aware and knowledgeable of all pertinent aspects of operating a business.
- Students work in teams and brainstorm to generate business ideas. Each team is assigned a mentor who guides them in developing their ideas into a viable business plan.
- Students finally present their business plan to a panel of judges consisting of established Venture Capitalists and Entrepreneurs.
- Winning team, announced at the end of the program, will participate in the TYE Global competition.
- Every individual student who completes the entire Program, including the business plan competition, receives a certificate of recognition from TiE Dallas
Curriculum and Business Plan Topics:
- Curriculum topics would include – What is Entrepreneurship, Product Design, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Operations, Admin/Legal and related topics
- Business plan topics would be whatever interests students the most, and range from Clean Energy, Technology, Consumer Goods, Medicine, and Social Entrepreneurship, to anything the students dream up!
The TYE 2016 Program Schedule:
The 2018 Program will be conducted from March 4th to May 6th and will be held at the Nathan Research office at 17110 Dallas Parkway, Suite 201, Dallas TX 75248. Applications will be accepted, reviewed and qualified students admitted into the program until there is room in the program.
The application form can be found at www.tyedallas.org
For any further questions and/or clarifications, please contact email@example.com or 214-882-9905.
Here is the the link to the application form -> 2018 Online application form
Here is a fillable PDF version of the 2018 application form if you prefer -> Fillable PDF form
Here is the the link to the Parental Consent and Waiver form 2018 -> Parental Consent and Waiver
Here is the the link to the TYE 2018 Schedule -> TYE 2018 Schedule
Here is a promotional brochure for the 2018 program ->Click here for a one page brochure
References from previous years’ Programs
2017 Online application form
2017 Online application form in PDF
2016 Online application form
2016 Online application form in PDF
2015 Application form in PDF
2015 Online application form
2014 Application form in PDF
2014 Online application form